Leejung Hong, LEED AP, Appointed as Principal
WAP is pleased to announce that Leejung Hong, LEED AP and Lisa McCabe Hobbs, AIA LEED AP have been appointed to Principals of the firm. In their roles as Principals, they will direct and oversee the design studio’s projects and manage the day-to-day operations of the firms’ two design workshops.
Leejung Hong, LEED AP, was previously the Studio Director and has been with the firm for 12 years, working on various projects such as master planning and building designs for both academic institutions and private developers. Lee has always tackled complex responsibilities smoothly and effectively in both architecture and various planning assignments. Her work ethic is extraordinary and her organizational skills are unmatched, and the Winstanley’s team cannot be more confident that she will provide much needed value in her new role as Principal in the company.
Throughout her career, Lee has demonstrated her interest in sustainable and resilient projects. She has also led some of the firm’s most crucial and complex projects as Team Leader, such as the Old Dominion Boat Club, the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary’s Mullins Hall, Wolfgang Puck’s Cut at the Rosewood Hotel, National Ready Mixed Concrete Association (NRMCA) and much more. Her knowledge and expertise in academic planning, infrastructure and historic preservation have given her the opportunity to lead the Stone Ridge School Master Plan and the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary Master Plan projects.
Some of the current projects on the boards include:
- 1300 King Street: a mixed use development integrating two historic structures.
- King and Henry: 4 buildings across two sites in the heart of old town which features an automated parking garage.
- Re-envisioning of the Torpedo Factory Art Center to update it with a broader and more inclusive vision that better aligns with the diversity and interests of the City.
- Parcel 15 – Interim Retail: collaborating with Adjaye Associates on delivering a community hub in St. Elizabeth’s East, DC with Emerson Collective and Redbrick as the developers.
- Floating Community: a special interest research project on resilient water-based living. Lee’s most famous quote is: “We must always win” in which we have adopted as our design studio motto and the reason why we always give our best for every projects we have the opportunity to be a part of.
Leejung Hong, LEED AP
Bachelor of Arts, Columbia University
Master of Architecture, Yale University
Registrations and Affiliations:
AIA / DC Design Excellence Committee
Washington Architectural Foundation – Design Like a Girl
Yale Day of Service
WINSTANLEY Architects & Planners is an award-winning architectural and planning design studio specializing in projects of distinction from a design, cultural, environmental and political perspective. With design workshops in Washington, DC and Miami, the firm is renowned for its ability to seamlessly integrate planning, architecture and interior design in projects across the academic, civic, commercial, hospitality, mixed-use, renovation/historic preservation, and residential sectors in North America and the Caribbean.
The firm is a registered small business enterprise.
Further information on the firm can be found at the company’s website www.winstanleyarchitects.com or by contacting Belinda Alfaro at 786-703-5596 or firstname.lastname@example.org.